Skip to main content

Motivational Corner

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Follow Your Own Path

"Life is complex. Each one of us must make his own path through life. There are no self-help manuals, no formulas, no easy answers. The right road for one is the wrong road for another ... The journey of life is not paved in blacktop; it is not brightly lit, and it has no road signs. It is a rocky path through the wilderness." -- M. Scott Peck We each have our own pathways to develop both personally and spiritually. They are based on our character and past experiences. No one else can identify our paths for us. Tune in to your inner guidance system and follow its direction. "What every man needs, regardless of his job or the kind of work he is doing, is a vision of what his place is and may be. He needs an objective and a purpose. He needs a feeling and a belief that he has some worthwhile thing to do. What this is no one can tell him. It must be his own creation."

Artist of the Week: Adrienne Caldwell

Relations As our lips met, the conversation grew deeper. It's like I could taste the words that were coming next. I almost choked on his sweet breath cuz He spit some real s**t that I could only respect Now, this kiss was no normal kiss at all It was more fictional, A conversation turned visual (in my mind of course). This brotha let words pass so easily through his lips That whatever he said sounded good, even if it was just bulls**t. So my naive mind allowed him to manipulate my thoughts. He invaded me on a mental note And honestly... I didn't want him to stop So I, searched for something more to talk about, But he caught on to my game. He started speaking to my heart and my mind, Trying to make it orgasm in this small amount of time. His flashy smile only made it worse. I was in love with the current situation though so I, Snapped back to reality and realized that conversation and good words have only Lead me to broken hearts so I, Quickly withdrew mysel

A Servant's Gift

If there are poor among you, in one of the towns of the land the Lord your God is giving you, do not be selfish or greedy toward them. But give freely to them, and freely lend them whatever they need. ~Deuteronomy 15: 7-8 Serving others is one of the best ways a Christian can walk like Christ. The book of Ephesians 2:10 states “For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.” God knew before we were born that we were created to serve. Our very purpose is to serve in one capacity or another. What area you are to serve in is a question you need to ask God. Maybe you already know, but you are just scared to take that leap of faith. Our word also tells us that God has not given us the spirit of fear…your service to others may spark your true calling. Maybe you are assisting with the Children’s Ministry, although you are only there to assist, you find that your true passion is in teaching or tr