Skip to main content

You Didn't Give Up, Just Took an Alternate Route!

What do you do when all hope is lost? Do you give up? Or do you keep trying? Many will say that they will keep trying because that is the thing to say. If it is mentioned that we decide to give up on something, we will be seen as weak or a failure. So in order to keep up with societal norms, we all try harder and harder just to make it. We will struggle and sacrifice and lose sleep just to make it. And all that we go through is worth it, we go through all of this struggle just to make it and we never gave up.

But....

What if one day I said you know what, I am tired and I do not have the energy for this, I don't want this bad enough. Does this make me a loser? Am I weak? Many may say YES! But what if this is our way of knowing our limitations? There are some people who just don't like college, they don't like sitting in a classroom and they do not like taking classes on line. Are these people weak if they tried and said that they just didn't want to go that route and they just gave up? I think that when we hear the words "giving up" we see them in a negative way. I think that these people who "gave up" are brave to not fall for the opinions of society. I think that if everyone stopped caring about the thoughts of others, no one would care about whether or not they gave up on something, they would just see it as another experience that they learned. So many people beat themselves up thinking that they made the wrong decisions in life and by giving up on their dreams. What if they didn't give up but they had to take an alternate route to reach their destinations? So what.... you are not the singer you wanted to be when you were younger, you still got the chance to experience something else. So many focus on the things that they didn't do that they forget about what they did experience. I believe that every situation that we encounter is opportunity for growth. We live, we learn and then we apply those experiences to our lives. We can share those experiences with others and we can tell everyone that we made it and we never gave up, we just took an alternate route!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Out with the Old in with the New

As we all get ready for the new year, many have resolutions that they will or will not stick to. Some will make life altering changes and there are those who we have lost who will not bring in the new year with us. Regardless of where we are/were in our lives in the current year, the new year always brings hope and optimism to those who are looking for something to believe in. As we go into the new year, lets all set aside our selfish desires and help someone in need. I am a believer that God blesses us to be a blessing to others and that is the approach that I am going to take into the new year. I still have some work to do, but as long as I know that I am trying there is hope for another person who has no idea where to start. When I started this blog, I had one thought in mind, to motivate and encourage people to be their best one blog at a time. That is my life's purpose!  I want to thank my supporters of AZA Means Strength and I encourage you all to know that you have AZA withi

Don't Avoid the Void

To change, we must go through a transition zone. It's not easy being in transition. Thoughts, beliefs and habits are all in flux. It can create a sense of groundless, of being in a void that can be quite uncomfortable. When we’re in the void, our first impulse will be to revert to old habits because they feel comfortable. Our goal is to hang in there until the change is complete.  Knowing that TRANSITIONS ARE PART OF THE CHANGE PROCESS helps us muster the courage to put up with the discomfort, the uneasiness, the void. Change requires a letting go of what we’ve always known and done to allow in something new. We need to trust ourselves and higher forces to unfold a new reality for us. "Every positive change - every jump to a higher level of energy and awareness - involves a rite of passage. Each time to ascend to a higher rung on the ladder of personal evolution, we must go through a period of discomfort, of initiation. I have never found an exception."

The Past in the Present

I hope that I can leave my mark on the world in a positive way! I want to be a positive influence on someone who has no guidance or have no idea how to get started. I hope that I can say something that will make someone smile. That is why I have this blog, to let people know that anything is possible. To be a positive light in a bright world. To let someone know that it will be okay and yeah life is hard, but it is all worth it! I "If you accept a limiting belief, then it will become a truth for you." -- Louise Hay Pick one aspect of your life, e.g. your health, your competence, your prosperity or relationships, and think back to when you were a child. What messages about this subject did you hear from adults at that time that are still playing on your subconscious tape recorder? Messages like: "Men can't be trusted." "Money doesn't grow on trees." "You're not smart enough