Skip to main content

In the Spotlight: Beautiful In Your Skin - Shonda Story


One of the goals of AZA Means Strength is to acknowledge individuals who make positive contributions in the life of others. Today's Spotlight is about Shonda Story and Beautiful in Your Skin. "Beautiful In Your Skin was designed to be the encouragement a woman needs to get to her journey of a more happy place".

AZA:  According to Your Facebook page, Beautiful in Your Skin was created to show your personal journey in becoming a better you, what was your journey that led you to inspiring others?

BIYS: My entire life, I have been active.  In elementary school leading up to college, I was either on Cheer leading or the dance team.  College is where my love for working out and teaching aerobics began.  After I graduated, I didn’t hit the gym that often and ate with no restriction.   I kept gaining weight and the only thing that took the weight off was regular trips to the Diet Doctor.  Taking diet pills helped me lose weight but when I stopped taking them, I would gain back the pounds lost and then some.  Finally after tipping the scale at 218, I said enough was enough and my journey began with a trainer at Bally’s Total Fitness by the name of Darryl Norwood and he is excellent!! He showed me the proper way to exercise and eat.

AZA: What makes you so passionate about inspiring others?

BIYS:  I know what it feels like to look in the mirror and hate what you see.  Also, when you go through a bad break-up and in your mind the new girlfriend looks better and you begin to ponder those questions: What is wrong with me?? Am I not good enough?  Am I too fat?? I know personally how it is because that is what happened to me!!  It takes much more for a woman to look her best. Some women don’t know how to pick the proper undergarments, know the proper way to eat to lose weight or workout.  Although a lot of women think they don’t need make-up, I feel every woman should apply bronzer to give their skin a gorgeous glow.  I believe my soul purpose is to be the self-esteem builder that every women need. I’m here to tell all women yes you are good enough and I love making people feel good about themselves.   

AZA: Who is the one person who inspires you?

BIYS:  Wow… that is hard to answer because my inspirations come from my mom, my four older sisters, and my sorority sisters and my journey on this earth! Well, my savior inspires me every day when I’m given a new day to correct my wrong doings.

AZA: What message do you have for young girls and women who are struggling with self-esteem?

BIYS:  It starts with looking in the mirror and loving yourself!! When you don’t love yourself, you accept less than what you deserve.  Also, I think it’s ok to enhance your beauty but make sure it’s safe and do it for you.  I always tell people to be the driver of their own happiness because if you let someone else get behind the wheel, your heart will be broke once they crash when their time in your life is over.

AZA: You have over 1,000 Likes on Facebook, did you ever expect your blog to grow so fast?

BIYS: October 2011, BIYS was just a thought and I know I was going to get some support but I never imagined it would grow so fast. I was hoping to have 1000 followers by my launch party in May but it's March and I already achieved that goal so I'm humble and thankful to everyone that has decided to take this journey with me.

AZA: Why did you start the BIYS T-Shirt Line?

BIYS:  I love dresses but I’m a t-shirt, jean and sexy heel type of woman.  I was going to make shirts just for me but I thought why not share it with the world.  My entire t-shirt line will consist of phrases that raise the self-esteem in a positive way. A young lady emailed me and asked are you going to make any shirts that say “Thicker than a Snicker”?……NO…LOL   

AZA: What is the future of BIYS? Are you thinking of selling more clothing, accessories, etc?

BIYS: Right now, BIYS will consist of me teaching aerobics, producing more t-shirts, a workout line and intimate apparel. Also, I have something in works for the fellas. In the future, I want to open up the BIYS Beauty center. It will be sort of like weight watchers but I will give classes on everything from applying make-up to dressing.  I would also like to have my own perfume and a cosmetic line! Can you see I dream big!

AZA: How can one purchase a T-Shirt?

BIYS: Currently I’m taking orders via my PayPal account and all you need is my email address shondastory@sbcglobal.net or they can hit me on FB, place an order with me (shonda captprofound story) and I will send them an invoice. Also, on-line purchasing will be coming real soon!
  
Logo T - $21 Signature shirt only comes in White
I Am Beautiful Regular $15 Bling $20 - (I don't have the I Am Beautiful bling t-shirt in white but you can order it in black, hot pink or chocolate brown)
Curvy is the new skinny Regular $15 Bling $20 also can order in black
Sizes SM, MED, LG, XL and 1X-3X

Ordering info
You can pay through paypal at www.paypal.com and it will state send money and you will need my email which is shondastory@sbcglobal.net



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God will give the strength you need!

AZA Means Strength is what my blog is about. I feel that my life's purpose is to influence others to be positive and love who God has created them to be. When I was first on my journey of finding myself, I thought that fulfilling my purpose meant being known for something great or making sure that I touched every life that I came in contact with in a positive way. But I have soon come to realize that I was having problems because I was trying to fulfill my purpose and not God's purpose. Once this came into perspective, things became very clear for me, my thinking began to change and I have a better understanding that in everything that I do, I am to do it with all my strength and with all my soul because I am serving the Lord. Now I am not perfect and I know that I still have some work to do in my personal walk with God, but one thing that I will say is that I seek Him in all decisions that are made. With the fact that I am human, I still have to remind myself that God is in co

Embrace the Positive and Negative in wholeness

Embrace the positive and negative in wholeness "Only when we can love hell will we find heaven." -- Unknown source People often view the spiritual path as a search for the light. In truth, spirituality asks us to bring light and darkness together in wholeness. And in fact, this is the only possible solution. In our world of duality, any effort to focus all attention on the light only serves to increase the power of the darkness. Our aim is not to deny or reject anything but to embrace it all. "When you are able to contain both the light and dark together, that is a very enlightening state. It means that you no longer have to choose one experience over another. You do not have to choose love OR hate, blame OR forgiveness, sadness OR joy, anger OR openheartedness. You are no longer polarized; no particular feeling boxes you in and keeps you from the light of true self. You then have access to the full range of human experiences you came into this life

Weekly Inspiration

No More Smalling Up Of Me  Jean Wilson     No more meekly saying 'yes' When my heart is screaming 'no' No more taming of my feelings So my power won't show No more hiding my exuberance From disapproving eyes No more watering down myself So my spirit won't rise No more 'smalling up' of me Pretending I am not here No more running from the music And the spotlight's glare No more living in this prison Barricaded by my fears No more turning and retreating In the face of new frontiers Even as I am speaking I am taking shape and form Harnessing my powers Like a gathering storm There's no obstacle so bold As to dare stand in my way I am taking back my life And I am doing it today.